I love an appetizer that is easy, beautiful, and delicious. Plus it’s super simple to make, which is also a bonus. The picture is a little blurry, probably because we were hovering over them wanting to stuff them in our mouths, so didn’t exactly take the appropriate time to get a good photo. Oh, well.
These strawberry ricotta toasts were AMAZING. With a basil leaf and a generous drizzle of dark chocolate balsamic vinegar, the flavor combo was pretty much divine.
This was actually dinner for B and I while the boys were all at baseball this weekend. Appetizers for dinner are awesome.
- We try to use all organic ingredients when possible.
- Sliced baguette
- whole milk ricotta cheese
- sliced strawberries
- basil leaves
- good quality balsamic vinegar (we used dark chocolate balsamic -- SO GOOD!)
- Spread the baguette slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread a layer of ricotta on each baguette slice.
- Toast for 5-7 minutes, then put on broil for 2 minutes to get a golden brown edge on the ricotta
- Take them out of the oven and drizzle generously with balsamic
- Add a basil leaf and a strawberry slice to each baguette
- Try not to eat 20 of them yourself (I failed)